Though most commonly experienced during puberty, acne can also appear on full-grown adults. In fact, adult acne is growing all the more common over the past couple of decades, and has been found to affect women more often than men.
Adult acne can be:
– Mild — consisting of blackheads, whiteheads, or pustule
– Moderate — consisting of all the above, but also papules in great numbers
– Severe — consisting of all the above, but also involving swelling, irritation, extreme redness or discoloration, and the development of deep cysts
No matter which you experience, it is important that you figure out the possible causes of your adult acne.
What Causes Adult Acne?
At its core, adult acne can appear when your skin and pores are not functioning optimally. It happens when the overproduction of oil by your glands is not eliminated by your pores in an effective enough manner. There are several possible reasons for this:
– Family history of being predisposed to acne
– Contact irritation — caused by use of harsh cleansers or improper razors
– Fluctuating hormone levels — symptoms include deep, cyst-like, tender, and painful acne
– Emotional stress — when your acne accompanies feelings of anxiety, pressure, etc
– Physical stress — extreme weather, lack of sleep, illness, dehydration, or exposure to dirt
– Oil-based hair and skin products — styling creams, leave-in conditioners, and makeup
– Diet — excessive consumption of white flour products, sugar, dairy, or fast food
– Certain medication — corticosteroids, antidepressants, and epilepsy medication
– Underlying medical conditions — rosacea, keratosis pilaris, polycystic ovary syndrome, etc.
It is paramount that you try to narrow down the likely causes of your adult acne, such that you can eventually prevent it altogether. If, however, such an endeavor proves difficult, you should approach a dermatologist for expert advice.
What You Can Do About It
Though the ideal situation would be to root out the problem entirely, it is often not as easy as it sounds. While figuring out the best way you can change your lifestyle to accommodate for healthier skin, you should also actively treat your acne such that it does not go out of hand.
Here are several ways you can curb adult acne:
1. Practice Good Skin Care Habits
Wash your face every day, but no more than twice per day. Be sure to use cool or warm water when washing, and pick out a cleanser that is not too harsh for your skin type. Each wash should be done using either your hands or a baby washcloth (never use a regular washcloth if you have adult acne). Be sure to pat your skin dry rather than rub it.
2. Use Supplements to Control Your Sebum Production
Using the right Japanese supplements can do wonders for your skin. Hakubi B Tablets, for example, can help lower your sebum production levels, effectively counteracting whatever is causing your glands to overproduce oil. This not only helps you alleviate adult acne, but other problems to do with oily skin as well.
3. Use Topical Creams for Spot Treatment
Gentle cleansers are recommended for acne-prone skin so that the skin will not be further irritated and inflamed. However, a gentle cleanser is not sufficient for dealing with adult acne.
That is why you should use topical creams for spot treatment, to directly treat your acne without causing further breakouts. In this regard, Hakubi C Gel provides effective treatment, reducing oiliness while also replenishing moisture to prevent your skin from drying out.
4. Collagen to Reverse the Damage Done
Although collagen is not entirely essential in treating or preventing acne, it is the most important element when dealing with acne scarring. Collagen plays a key role in the healing of acne scars, and speeds up the natural healing process of your skin.
Quality-made products such as collagen drinks and collagen pills from Japan can help you reduce scarring due to your adult acne, while also providing all the other benefits that collagen is famous for, such as its anti-aging properties and improvements to skin hydration and elasticity.
Be Patient and Stay Diligent
When it comes to adult acne, it is important that you remain patient with your skin and diligently work on treating it. The change you want will not happen overnight, but is definitely achievable with time and continued effort.
Shop Sato Pharmaceutical for Quality Skin Products
Sato Pharmaceutical offers the best Japanese vitamins, collagen supplements, and skin care products, bringing the best sellers in Japan to Singapore for you.
Check out our products at these leading retailers and stores today.